Tuesday, March 13, 2012

That's an unlikely place!

Two shorter posts now about pulled pork and then I'm off the topic.  Until I find another great place.

This trip was 100% accidental, but 100% worth it!  Every now and then we troll around the Calgary Kingsland Farmer's Market, either looking for a new dinner idea, or just eating the free samples.  Don't laugh - you eat the samples too I know it!  But on this day it was mainly a wandering event.  And wandering makes Tammy hungry.

Located somewhere inside the market (ha, nice description hey?) is a tiny little restaurant seems to do burgers, fries and the like.  I checked the website, maybe it's Rita's Diner.  I don't really know for sure though.   You'll just have to go find it yourself.   I found it because it's across from a lady who sells frozen dog bones and all sorts of stuff that I get for Ramsay.

I ordered fries and pulled pork sliders!!  Three or four I think is the serving size, and they are fantastic.  So great that Mike was very jealous of my choice.  He had gone to a different booth and got a donair or some other ethnic food I'd never eat.  But once he saw mine he decided that he had to eat it.  Jerk.  Eats my sliders..how dare he. LOL.  They are small, full of meat and covered in sauce.  The buns are so soft, buttered perfectly.  (Stops typing to wipe up drool)   I think I've determined that my love of pulled pork grows if they dip the meat in the sauce.  Some of the other places we've been to do theirs plain, or with only a dollop of sauce.  Gotta be dipped.  That's the best way.   So these are my favourite hands down.

But, uh-oh.  We found a competitor a month or so later.  Who takes the prize?  Find out in my next installment: Food Trucks Have Arrived In Calgary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment